There were two unfortunate fatal accidents yesterday 24/06/2016 along the Kampala –
Fort Portal road in Kyenjojo District. Both accidents are suspected to have been due to reckless driving especially while approaching sharp corners. In one incident, some of the victims were tourists on their way back to the airport.
Yesterday morning at about 5:40am, motor vehicle registration number UAW 266F Toyota Hiace Taxi (silver grey )collided with a Fuso lorry UAM 309Q at Rwibaare, Mwege South County. The passenger in the taxi was from Fort Portal to Kampala, while the lorry was from Kampala to Fort Portal. The lorry is suspected to have been on the wrong side of the road.
The following victims died on spot.
1.Jae Kyun Yoon, a male adult 32years old and a citizen of S. Korean .
2. Amanyire Micheal, 31 years Mutoro, resident of Karagwe, Kabarole.
3.Chris Junior male juvenile, son to Amanyire Micheal
The following victims were rushed to Kabarole Regional referral Hospital, Buhinga for immediate treatment
1. Joon Sik Cho, male adult aged 34yrs from S. Korea.
2. Wan Seok Ryu, male adult,34yrs old from S.Korea.
3. Young Son Palk, female adult 31 years old from S. Korean.
4. Mugenyi Keneth 34years , resident of Kitumba, Fort Portal, Kabarole,
5. Musubuzi Mark, male juvenile 10 years son to Amanyire Micheal .
6. Unidentified male adult, seriously injured.
The Police is hunting for the drivers of the two vehilces, who are on the run. Both vehicles have been impounded to Kyenjojo police station for inspection. A traffic accident case file has been opened under reference TAR 40.24.06.2016 to investigate the cause of these accident so as to prosecute the offenders.
In another accident that occured at about 0900am yesterday morning, at Kiregesa along Kyenjojo -Mubende- Kampala road , motor vehicle registration number UAU 979V Mitsubishi canter white collided with a Toyota white Land Cruiser registration number UAT 384X . The canter is suspected to have attempted to overtake a trailer while negotiating a sharp corner, resulting into a head on collision with the Land Cruiser.
1. Kwikiriza James, 45yrs old, Mukiga , driver of the Landcruiser and a resident of Mwanyanja settlement camp in Kamwengye. He was rushed to Kyenjojo hospital from where he died on arrival.
2. Bagabo Anderea, 32yrs old, businessman and resident of Kabarungi B village, Nabigola Mubende district died on the spot. He was a passenger in the canter. The bodies of the deceased have been taken to Kyenjojo hospital mortuary for postmortem and the Police is looking for the driver of the canter who is now on the run. Both vehicles have been impounded and a traffic accident file opened up under reference 41.24.06.2016.
The Police continues to warn drivers against recklessness on the road which can cause loss of lives and properties in accidents.
ACP Namaye Polly
Deputy Press and Public Relations